Frantically printing an 8.5" x 11" portfolio the night before the conference.
Frenzied assembly of panel discussion powerpoint at every available moment (ATL airport).
Nerve racking minutes before the panel discussion began.
James writing my introduction while Camden looks on (five minutes before).
James's introduction that I snagged afterwards and photographed in the hotel room.
Taking a photograph of James and me while Camden introduces the Postcard Collective.
Sadly, my SPE partner in crime, Amelia Morris, was missing this year but was represented in the panel and on the above postcard.
[Pause...] No photographs represent the following:
• student portfolio reviews in which I was out of the room by 8:15 AM, speaking somewhat coherently at 9 in the morning (!!!)
• three professional portfolio reviews where I put those 8.5" x 11" prints to use (also out of the room before 9 AM speaking less lucidly than the previous morning)
• Joan Fontcuberta's guest lecture on truthfulness and photography
• winning a raffle print after promising if my name is called, I would give the print to James (he now owns a photograph by Donna Ferrato)
• my horror after seeing a sign for hotdogs topped with mac and cheese and lump crab cake as a menu item
Student work from the photography department at MICA .
Paulina, James, and I photographing the candles that we systematically swiped in the name of Conceptual Art (and performance) from nearly every table at the dance party (photograph by Camden Hardy).
Sixteen candles before party goers came to our corner of the cavernous room and removed them to return to their own very dark tables.
SPE: where very little sleep is had by all (as usual falling on the weekend when we lose an hour because of Daylight Savings).